Hi there everyone, my name is Kathy, and today I am sharing my experience and entire analysis on the very popular Doggy Dan by Dan Abdelnoor.
If you are willing to buy Dan’s program, make sure you read my Doggy Dan Review first to know whether it is worth your money.
I know there are various Doggy Dan Reviews available online but trust me, they all are trying to pitch you. I take pledge to provide you an extensive Doggy Dan review.
Online courses have become more popular than ever at the moment.
They undoubtedly, have eliminated the physical barrier and gone are the days when people remain restricted.
The advent of the internet, to some extent has reduced all of this.
In the same manner, the dog training industry has grown in leaps and bounds.
Now you can hire professionals across the world to train your dog by joining online classes.
Yes, it may sound bewildering at first, but you may find them to be very reassuring.
Take for example, the Doggy Dan dog training course that has taken the internet by a sweep.
Here is a real take on this course, as I have personally looked into it and managed it.
Yes, I have personally used this program and here is what I have found that I would request you to read till the end.
Who is Dan?
Doggy Dan, otherwise known as Dan Abdelnoor, is an expert dog trainer who has trained a multitude of dogs.
He has started this unique venture of training canines through his online portal.
You can get tons of videos with people with real troubles.
So, you will find him training these furry friends for barking, whining, sitting and more.
In this review, I will tell you why you should trust this program and things that I have found a tad difficult to understand.
If this interests you, then feel free to read more.
What Is The Doggy Dan Training?
This is an online dog training program from New Zealand that helps you to train your dog pertinently.
In fact, the best part about this training series is that you get to train your sweet bun by yourself.
This way you get to remain the alpha for your dog and you can train your dog at your convenience.
Why Opt For An Online Dog Training?
This Doggy Dan review will be incomplete if I didn’t discuss this with you.
The fact remains true that some training is better is than nothing at all.
Be it a puppy or a dog, you must be, speaking in general terms, a basic training is an absolute requirement for your couchie-coo.
Here are a few advantages of online dog training:
- First and foremost, you get to bond like friends during training instead of the trainer
- In other words, you are in full control of this training
- You can easily rectify problems like pulling teeth, sniffing, licking, counter surfing, destructive behavioral pattern, biting and much more; at once
- In case, you have a puppy, potty training becomes much easier
- Then introduction to a leash becomes a smooth transition
- Most online courses are cost effective, as compared to hiring a dog trainer for a few months (on a regular basis)
- Some even come with trials also
Benefits Of The Doggy Dan Training
Speaking of benefits, I must bring this to your notice that this is more of a convenience than anything.
Imagine this, you are standing in a line at the supermarket; waiting and you take out this course, to watch the next section.
This way you do your homework and remain prepared.
You go home to your Fur-ball and know what needs to be done next.
Besides, below are a few more things that go into its favor:
- This course is way less expensive than an in-person trainer(dog), as that may cost you anywhere between $30-100 an hour
- Plus you are secured with a 60 day money back guarantee and offered 100% satisfaction
- You get updates on a weekly basis
- You can access more than 200 videos from anywhere,you like
- Hence, it is very easy to use
- There is a highly interactive forum that helps you with all kinds of queries
- Most importantly it is approved by Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA)
- You also get a 3 day trial for just $1 (if that helps)
- In the event that budget is not a constraint, you may also get a live person to train your friend
- Rest assured it is not a scam of any kind as there are real people that have benefited from this course and you can get in touch with a few as well (via the forum primarily)
Limitations Of The Program
This Doggy Dan review will sound very biased, if I didn’t talk about the limitations of the program.
Since, I am here to provide you with a neutral view, so I say that the biggest challenge you may face with this is that you cannot download the videos and have to stream it.
That means, no internet connectivity, no training.
You may want a little more, as different dogs have different habits and it may not have been covered within its range.
Nonetheless, you have an active forum to turn and someone or the other seems to have a solution for your problem for sure.
Philosophy Of Doggy Dan
This is something that focuses on what is known as the “alpha male” training.
It is that wolf pack training that makes this course very distinctive in comparison to the others.
The process is very simple and all it states is to act like a pack leader in your dog’s life.
This is the “pack training” that everyone has been talking about.
You are in charge and your canine companion must be aware of it.
Who Is A Pack Leader?
This happens to be an individual that the dog should respect on record.
It is difficult for a dog to disregard or affront in any way.
Dan says, as an owner you need to learn how to become a pack leader that will help you train efficiently.
Your practices may differ, if you treat them as your family, as was my case.
As a matter of fact, it didn’t have a major impact on my training Molly at least.
To me, it was more of a personal choice to train in harmony.
I would suggest, suit yourself for this.
Variations Of Training
Again, if you are training a puppy, then you need to act like the mother wolf that it needs the most at this tender age.
This may sound lame to most of us, but I have seen this works in a constructive way.
The basic principle is that of not forcing them while teaching, but making them understand that they are cared for.
Everyone comprehends that and in case you are a dog parent, you will know that it is all they want.
Love and care are two things that they yearn for and a bit of attention from the master or mistress will make it better.
Don’t take it as training, but a learning experience that the two of you need to support each other.
In short it is a no force technique that makes the whole thing a grand success.
This definitely is a wonderful way to bond with your furry mate.
There are terms and conditions that constrain me to disclose it all in this post.
However, I am trying my best to recreate in a concise way for you to apprehend it well.
Doggy Dan calls it the 5 golden rules theory that actually works in most cases (Worked for me as well!)
Here is a small glimpse of the whole program and this substantiate why this is important.
- Body language: Dan is very cool and a level headed teacher. You actually learn a lot from him. It must be mentioned that this is the first course that teaches about dog behavior in real. He asks you to find the root cause and hit it. This implies Coco-puff becomes a happier dog and you get to prevent all of this in future. This takes care of hyperactivity, aggression, jumping (on people and furniture too), not responding and anxiety to name a few. This mainly comprises of command and rewards training. This is very helpful of those of us that have adopted older dogs beyond a doubt.
- No force technique: This is one of the most talked about partof this program. It clearly mentions that you should not coerce your companion into anything. Force should not be used to impose your alpha male character. You must remain in control, but that has nothing to do with force. Dogs are very intelligent and my personal experience says that they know who is in control. You don’t have to exert it and it will be a smooth ride for both of you.
- Puppy training: This is what Dan calls Project Moses, which is a part of training an eight weeks old pup from scratch. He has very painstakingly recorded all that for us to take lessons. The videos have it all, potty training, leash training and ultimate move from a crate to a bed. Think about it.
- Eating: If truth be told, not many of us would agree with this section, but this a part of training as well. It specifies that you must eat first and let your friend watch you. This way you will ensure that they clearly respect the pack training. The higher positioned wolves eat first, followed by the rest. Now, for people that treat them like a family or make that they eat at a certain time, may find this annoying. The truth is you don’t have to agree with everything of a module. You can do it the way you want. That is to say, make amends not war with your canine comrade.
- Understand: You must comprehend what your friend conveys to you. There could not be a better way to do it. That said, you must abide by this norm of making an effort to realize what he or she wants to tell you. Being a dog parent is no different than being a parent. Treat them like your baby and everything will fall in place. Best thing about this whole program is that you are asked to take things at your pace and work on them.
This is what makes any online program credible and seems like Doggy Dan knows is aware of it as well.
They make use of a plugin from a popular social media network that suggests the comments are not edited.
Not to mention that these are original and hence do not lose their credibility.
My Final Words
Yes, a certification from a governmental body like the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals or SPCA matters a lot, especially in situations like these.
It is a non-profit organization that was founded way back in 1824.
They work freely, take up causes like animal welfare, prevent animal abuse, help with restoration and find homes for mistreated creatures.
All SPCAs around the globe are autonomous of each other and are not subsidiary at all.
So, when an organization like supports programs like Doggy Dan, it sure means something.
Dan has proven himself and his methods are very effective.
It is all up to you to find out how you would like handle things on your own.
One of the best features of this training is doing on your own and with expediency.
It certainly is about patience.
Just care for them the way you would do for a baby, as dogs are no different.
All said; you are free to decide for yourself and then find out what suits you best.
To be honest, I would like to add that this is a decent online dog training program. I have liked the equilibrium it has maintained with this method.
The Doggy Dan program is a concoction of scientific and positive procedures that can influence the behavioral aspect of Fido in an optimistic way.
It has well organized approach that you can seek help from for training your beloved any time you want.
It is a matter of what and how you want.
In my case, it did have a progressive influence on both of us.
I have reached an understanding with my friend that has stopped its craving habits. I wish you good luck training your munchkin!